Thursday, December 17, 2009

I'm back. We decided to try our luck on getting out of the snow. So here I am hookin' up to to leave.


The first stop was in Columbus, OH to spend a night with my brother and his wife. They fed us a great meal and let us stay in their driveway. That was different. All the neighbors stopped by to see what was going on.







The next morning we packed up and headed for the Kentucy Horse PArk in Lexington, KY. If you like all things horse, this is the place. They have their own RV park (very nice), horse museum, working horse farm and some of the most famous horses in the racing world.



After two days in Kentucky we moved on to Tellico Plains, TN. Another KOA campground that was very nice. The Tiffin RV Network held the Southeast Region Fall Rally here. Met a bunch of great people, ate a bunch of great food, learned a bunch about Tiffin motorhomes and saw some tremendous scenery on the Cherohala Skyway.




Four days later we were on the move again. The next stop is the Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair in Fletcher, NC. I think this was the first time we camped in a big parking lot.
If you have never been to one of these things, it's where people with a passion for all things fiber gather to commune. Alpacas, Llamas, Sheep, Goats and Rabbits. Yarn, Spinning, Weaving, Knitting and all their trappings. I stayed near the motorhome!



After eight days on the road it was time to head back home. Two short days of driving with a stop at the Stonewall Jackson Resort. My kinda place. Great scenery, nice campground, resort accomodations for those not camping, a spa for the ladies and an Arnold Palmer golf course! Need I say more.
Our campsite was about 150 feet from the sixth green.
And I'm going back!

No comments: