Saturday, June 11, 2011

The Big Adventure Continues


After two days in St. Louis it was time to hit the road once again. This day would bring our longest drive of the adventure. 550 miles to get to WaKeeney, Kansas. It would also bring an unanticipated adventure.

Adding up Missouri and Kansas, 105 degree heat and some of the flattest land I have ever seen, we decided that wasn't enough! The motorhome decided to start acting up. Yep, plugged fuel filter. Remnants of a bad batch of fuel acquired in Kentucky last year. I changed out one of the two filters and away we went!


The next day, up and going again. This time we make it to Estes Park, Co. But again, not without some more adventure. Started up the mountains out of Kansas and the motorhome starts acting up again. Dang! Oh well, this time I change both fuel filters. Some nice folks in Flagler, Ks helped out with additional filters at twice the price I normally pay for them. So after a short delay, I get the filters changed and we arrive at Elk Meadows Lodge and RV Resort. You can see our view out the front window and some of the native wildlife.












We'll get settled in and then start seeing the sites.
More to come!










No comments: